PAT Testing Procedure
- Our engineer will make them self known to the person responsible for Health & Safety at your premises.
- We will always ask when it is appropriate for shutdown of equipment.
- Any appliances that fail the PAT test will be made known.
2) Guidelines for Testing :
- Testing will be carried out under the IEE’s Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing.
3) Visual Inspection :
- Flex (cable) – this is inspected for any damage, ensuring it is free from cuts, fraying, splits or stress.
- Plug – the plug will be opened to ensure that the flexible cable is secure in its anchorage and is correctly wired.
4) Testing :
- Polarity Test (only carried out on extension cables and supply leads)
- Earth Continuity Test (only carried out on Class I appliances)
- Insulation Resistance Test
- Earth Leakage Test
- Tests on IT equipment are “soft tests” of 200mA on earth continuity.
5) Labeling :
- All our Pat Testing Label`s are printed and include the following :
- Appliance ID
- Test Date
- Retest Date
- Pass labels are GREEN colour.
- Fail labels are RED with DO NOT USE Failed Safety Test printed on them and a short reason on why the appliance has failed
6) Documentation :
- Our computerized print outs include the following :
- Item Number.
- Item Type.
- Test results PAT Test Result.
- We aim to provide these within 1 working days of the completion of testing.
- Display Certificate – A Certificate for display in the staff room, notice board or reception to advise that the appliances on the premises have been tested for electrical safety will also be provided after full payment is received.
PAT Testing Prices For 2018
|0 – 30 Items||£45|
|30 – 50 Items||£50|
|50 – 200 Items||First 50 Items £50 Then Just £0.79p Per Extra Item|
|200 Plus Items||First 50 Items £50 Then Just £0.69p Per Extra Item|